Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Two New Commissions

Hello dear readers! I'm excited to share my first two commissions to be painting beginning to end in my new studio space. I have two more pieces to share at the end of the week that will be available for sale, so stay tuned! The first piece below was created for a Texas native who was celebrating her birthday. She has a deep love of her state flower, the Texas Bluebonnet. The second piece was created for a bride and groom who were combining households and wanted a piece of art to tie it all together. They wanted something calm and introspective - an abstract landscape in a dark blue and mushroom hued palette.

Bluebonnets  |  24" x 12" acrylic on canvas

Convergence  |  20" x 16" acrylic on canvas

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Both are amazing - blue being my favorite color.
Both parties will be thrilled, I'm sure!

Emily said...

Growing up in Texas, I have seen my fair share of same ole same bluebonnet paintings. Yours is so unique and amazing. She is going to love it!