Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October in the Studio

Last spring I had this crazy idea to have a small solo art show. I was already creating a body of work thematically based on my son's stroke and wanted to manifest a space to share those ideas. Charlie's chiropractor offered her lovely lobby space for the exhibition and bam! Here we are a week away from my first ever solo show. Needless to say, it's been a big month in the studio. I have 12 completed pieces and 2 more awaiting completion. 

Of course, I want everything to go smoothly and be perfect. But I'm also holding space for mistakes and set-backs. It's been a wonderful process so far. Right now, my head is filled with all sorts of final details like creating the art key with photos and descriptions of the work, marketing materials, etc. The show just went up on the KERA Art & Seek calendar, which is Dallas' public radio connection for local arts. 

If you're in the Dallas area, I would LOVE to see you at the opening reception on November 2nd from 7-9pm. Come have a glass of wine and take a look at the work. You can RSVP via Facebook. The exhibition will be on view through November 26th. Click HERE for details. 





1 comment:

Artful Kitchens said...

Congratulations, Sarah! I'm happy for you and jealous at the same time (but mostly happy). Good luck, I wish I could attend but I'll be wishing you well from Florida :)