Thursday, May 02, 2013

Home Tour - La Maison Boheme

A couple of weeks ago, my house was on a local home tour. I took the opportunity to photograph my home while it was in this unheard of state of cleanliness. I've never posted my whole house all at once because there was always some undone project sitting around. But after three and a half years of rearranging furniture, shuffling rooms and painting walls one, two and three times over, I'm finally feeling settled!  So, here is the whole she-bang.  



Click HERE to see how I did my entry way. 










Click HERE to see the living room transformation. 







Photo by Hilary Walker



Click HERE to see a tutorial about painting my dining chairs. 









Click HERE to see photo from the day we painted the kitchen. 






Click HERE to see photos of this room when it was a home office and before that, a guest room.






Click HERE to see photos of my son's room being transformed. 






Our fourth bedroom has been turned into a little TV den. 



Click HERE to see the 'before' photo when the den used to be Charlie's nursery. 


























The photos below of my art studio were taken on a different day, but I thought I'd include them. 
The studio is in an uninsulated converted two-car garage. Click HERE to see a 'before' photo.





Photo by Hilary Walker




And here are the outdoor spaces:














16 comments:

A Perfect Gray said...

sarah! love it all. your studio is the best. and I don't think I've ever seen your bedroom. your art pieces make your home. great job and thanks so much for letting us in. donna

Connie said...

Wow! It all turned out great. Cozy,colorful,and eclectic. Perfect.

Rachel Anderson said...

Looks incredible. Please, God, let me achieve this home zen someday! ;)
love
R

Anonymous said...

I'm a long-time reader, so I've seen much of this unfold, but it is so fun to see it all in one post! Beautiful!

Shavonda@AHomeFullOfColor said...

Please, Please, Please adopt me so I can move in with you! I promise to cook you wonderful southern food every single night! Seriously, though this is my idea of the perfect home. I love everything about it. And let me just add right now: Im completely stealing the wall treatment you stole for my entry wall as well:) Just trying to decide if I want to make my circles the same black as my walls or mint for contrast? Thank you so much for sharing this with me.

Brandi@ Flights of Whimsy said...

So nice to see it all together like that. I remember where you started from and this is quite the transformation. You've done so much and really made is personal. Beautiful!

Emily said...

It shows so well in pictures. I know it is even better in person!

Hilary said...

Hi Sarah! I just found your blog via Jessica Craig and my goodness, it's lovely!! Your home is also wonderfully unique and personal. I thoroughly enjoyed this tour. In fact, I have a little proposal to send your way. You'll be hearing from me shortly. ;-)

Maria said...

Your home is gorgeous. Every single room is a delight. But honestly, how do you keep it so clean and tidy?

Sarah Greenman said...

Maria, this was a very rare occasion when my house was spotless for a home tour that was being hosted by our neighborhood PTA. So, it usually never looks like this. But I thought I'd capture photos of it in this rare state of cleanliness for posterity. Thanks for your comment! XO Sarah

Renuko Style said...

This is my first visit to your blog. I am very inspired by your colors and designs. Great combination modern design with vintage finds. Love it! Will continue to follow for ideas for our new digs.
Thank you so much

Designradiance said...

Designradiance said....
Thank you for share this article with us. I am very impressed with your color and design.

Meg said...

I love the combination of contemporary with a bit of traditional. This home is edgy yet warm and welcoming. Bravo on such a lovely mix!!

Viveca said...

I just stumbled onto your blog and love it. I also love your orange and gold dishes. Is there by any chance a makers mark on them?

Sarah Greenman said...

Viveca - there are, but I don't have access to the dishes at the moment... I'll get back to you on that. Thanks for your kind words!

Andi said...

My new Squam Friend..... I took an immediate liking to you across the dinner table last Wednesday evening. Seeing your home and visiting your blog a bit, I like you even more!!! Your home is AMAZING and I am all about life at home (even though I am on the road continually. I think you also get that!!) Thank you for bravely sharing your place of love and living. It's absolutely stunning and warm and inviting and all the other things you want it to be.