Friday, January 11, 2013

Bed Frames and Head Boards

I stopped by a few estate sales last month, not looking for anything in particular - just browsing. I kept seeing wonderful old bed frames and head boards for sale. They came in all shapes and sizes and the asking prices were very reasonable.  There was one in particular I wish I had purchased on the spot. I certainly don't need a new bed, but I would change it out in a heartbeat if the price was right.  Here are some styles I really love:


The iron ring canopy...

source


Traditional brass bed...

source


Upholstered velvet...

source


Upholstered tufted...

source


And I wouldn't say no to this Art Nouveau museum piece...

source


Below is my bedroom. I love the look and feel of it, but I'm starting to get tired of our Ikea bedframe.  Maybe I'll just paint it like I do everything else and give it another five years.  Gold leaf might be fun. So would a high gloss black lacquer. 


5 comments:

Raina Cox said...

I wanted a lit a la polonaise for ages.

Since we're looking at contemporary house, I don't think I'll ever get one.

Happy weekend, Babe!

HeatherI said...

Hi Sarah - I just wanted to say that you rock, you're blog is one of my favorites and paint that Ikea bed gold (I have an Ikea bed too....). Your recap of your year a couple of days ago was awesome - I'm so proud of you and I don't even know you (-: Is it weird to say that you feel like you're a kindred spirit with someone you've never met? From your design aesthetic to your personal and family challenges, I totally relate. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and inspiration with all of us here and on Pinterest (I follow you and am alway excited when you repin something of mine). It is much enjoyed! Happy 2013. Heather I.

Rachel Anderson said...

How about high gloss EMERALD!?
R

Anonymous said...

I think your bedroom looks awesome. So inviting and cozy! Wish I could convey that feeling in my own bedroom.

Unknown said...

The traditional brass bed is looking awesome, i like metal beds a lot, i have three of them in my house, they are more durable if you compare them with wooden ones.