Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Change is in the Air Again... Blue and Blue

Well, after my post the other day, I spent some time with my green swatch on the wall and decided it looked like barf.  This is why we don't make rash decisions people.  So, after another round of paint swatches, Jack and I are now leaning toward blue.  We love blue. Its all over our house in some form or another.

We keep asking ourselves... is it too much blue?  But you know what?  There's no such thing as too much blue.  If I've learned anything from Steven Gambrel, its that layering blue on blue is a good thing. See below:




And here it is again with less light:



And here is the other side of the room:




See?  It's amazing!
Here are some more photos - proof positive that blue is the way to go in my living room.





We're considering the following blues:

Symphony Blue by Benjamin Moore

Champion Cobalt by Benjamin Moore

California Blue by Benjamin Moore

Realm by Behr


7 comments:

Connie said...

Ooooooh, I like the symphony blue. Realm is intriguing too. The second blue looks like the blue I have in the bedrooms at the farm, so maybe not as exciting as you would like. I tend to go too safe in my color choices. You and Jack are more bold. You'll make the right choice for you.

Rachel Anderson said...

I love me some blue! Realm is gorgeous! Hints of aqua and green in it without being to "hospitally" Also I have a board on pinterest called "Blue and white" with lots of blue rooms..check it out.
smooch
R

Neha Crea said...

I did not know steven gambrel before I came here it' s really beautiful I dream of sitting in one of these rooms, I see myself drinking hot tea with a little soft blanket on the feet and a good book ... Thank you for sharing this!

Betsy said...

I can hear the Symphony now! oops - I can see it now! That would be my favorite. You, Sarah, are the person who told me when I asked for fashion comment about a couple of blue things I was putting together: "All blues go together so go for it!"
:-)

Sarah Greenman said...

Alright... Symphony Blue it is! I'll keep you all posted. XO

Shawna said...

Well, I rarely have popular taste, so although I do agree that symphony blue is very nice, I fell for the Champion Cobalt by Benjamin Moore.

You can't go wrong with blue though. It's going to look gorgeous and I can't wait to see!

Anonymous said...

I know it's a little late but I LOVE blue sooo much ! There's never enough blue !
I have painted in blue one wall of my bedroom and have put a blue painting on it and I absolutely love it (the other walls are white).